In a digital world is it is important to be omnipresent as a brand, with users having access to communication with you across many platforms. This is just one of the reasons it’s important to include Twitter as part of their marketing strategy. With over 330 million monthly active users and 145 million daily users there is plenty of market out there that your business can take advantage of whether it being a local in person business or an online based company.
Coming up are just a few of the reasons as to why we believe Twitter is an important platform to include as part of a marketing strategy for your business:
- Firstly it’s a great platform for listening to your market and driving and starting conversations. Using Twitter search, you can search for people talking about keywords, phrases and topics relating to your niche and you can easily join in the conversation with these users. This can help to make your business feel a lot more human. When you go to drive a genuine conversation with someone new on Twitter, it is something that they will appreciate and it will help to build up a long lasting relationship thanks to you providing them value. Through starting and maintaining these conversations you can easily build up a strong following through Twitter of loyal followers who will take notice and be loyal to your brand.
- If your brand is targeting a younger demographic than Twitter is the place to market, it’s popular amongst the 18-35 demographic who enjoy brand involvement culture and brands who can align with that culture on Twitter will be those who can best take advantage of this demographic of customers.
- Furthermore bringing a statistic to the table, Nielsen Brand Effect between 2015 and 2018 found that those brands who connected users on Twitter found an average of 8% lift in brand awareness.
- As explained previously, Twitter search is a very important tool that businesses need to be taking advantage of, to learn of the goings on with their customers, but it can also be used by businesses to further investigate and learn about trends in their market. Through using this to your businesses advantage you can quickly take advantage of trends in the market and use them to find better ways of connecting with current customers as well as new customers.
- There is no cost to setting up a Twitter account for your business, the only cost being time. The real cost to your business is not taking advantage of a platform that your businesses competitors are already taking advantage of and that is a serious problem as you don’t want to leave potential business for yourself on the table for your competitors to take advantage of.
- Following on as explained earlier, Twitter is an easy platform for your business to build a following on quickly through starting conversations and connecting with people interested in your businesses area of expertise. Like other platforms by building up a following and then in turn the engagement on your profile, it provides your business the social proof it needs to gain credibility with it’s customers.
- Where Twitter is a great platform for driving conversation, it’s a great platform for testing and launching new products for your business and gain quick feedback and understanding from your potential market on a response to the product or marketing message as well as understand any improvements that you can make.
- Twitter is an easy platform for driving traffic for your business, whether it be to send traffic to your website or to send traffic to your other social profiles to gain a following on there.
- Lastly Twitter is an easy place for you to monitor your competition on Twitter. This way you can ensure that your marketing strategies are one step ahead by replicating or improving on any marketing strategies they may be pursuing. Twitter is a great way to keep track of all of this.