One of the features of Facebook Pages is that users are able to write reviews of the business on the page. This is particularly good for local businesses who are making use of Facebook in order to market themselves as these reviews of the business on Facebook will help to give greater social proof and greater online credibility for the business.
Sadly, some businesses will find it a difficult/daunting task to convert physical customers into reviews on Facebook. However, I’m here to say that it isn’t as hard as you think and in this blog post, I will show you how your businesses can gain more reviews on its Facebook page.
One of the most effective ways for businesses to gain reviews on their Facebook page is to get people to check in whilst they are there. This is particularly good for businesses such as cafe’s, bars and restaurants.
The system for using check-ins to gain reviews goes in 3 simple steps:
- You encourage visitors or customers of your business to check in
- Facebook will around a day or so later send them a notification reminding them to write a review for your business
- Your customer will then write out a positive review for your business as simple as that
So as you can see, most of the work is done for you by Facebook in this strategy. The only real thing that you need to is to encourage people to check in whilst they are there. Now of course, not all people who check in are going to post a review for your business. But that is fine because although they haven’t posted a review, you will still get some extra free marketing from them as checking in at your business will appear on their friends newsfeeds giving you a little extra reach.
Most people who visit your business will most likely check in anyway because it is in their nature to want to do it so they can share with their friends what they are doing. However, of course not all people are like this so it is good to offer them an incentive to check in at your business. Here are a few examples of incentives you could offer in return for a check-in:
- Ask for a check-in in return for wifi access
- Offering a discount code for a future visit
- Giving a free upgrade
Now as well as using check-ins there are other ways you can ask your visitors/customers for a review:
- One is to simply just ask. A lot of people get caught on the game thinking that they always have to offer things in return to get people to do things. But in real terms a lot of the time all you have to do is ask people for a review and they generally will
- You can again offer an incentive in return for a review on your Facebook page
- You can send out an email to your customer database asking if people can post a review on your Facebook page in return for some sort of incentive such as a discount they can use on their next visit.
- Have a sign created that you can put up in your business premises reminding people to check in and review
One thing I would like to advise to people is that when you do get reviews on your Facebook page for your business, you should make sure to respond to it. Be it a positive or a negative review, if you respond to reviews, people will feel like their opinion is valued and therefore may be more likely to visit you again sometime.